- Event details
Eighth Regional (Jumbo) Security Coordination Conference: Security Cooperation in the Western Balkans - "Securing the Future: Building Resilience through Collaboration"
The eighth Regional (Jumbo) Security Coordination Conference is to take place on 13-15 November 2023 in Rome.
The conference will focus on regional security challenges and threats in the Western Balkans, featuring seven security-related panels, and interactive sessions, working groups, and networking opportunities. It aims to foster in-depth discussions, promote collaboration among stakeholders, and contribute to the security and resilience of the Western Balkans.
The conference will feature seven different security-related panels, carefully selected to cover a wide range of relevant topics:
• Panel 1 - Setting the Stage: Outlining Key Security Challenges and Trends in the Western Balkans
• Panel 2 - Illegal Migration & Organized Crime
• Panel 3 - Extremism and Terrorism
• Panel 4 – Human Security
• Panel 5 - Cybersecurity and Critical Infrastructure Protection
• Panel 6 - Use of the AI and Innovative Technology in Policing
• Panel 7 - Regional exchange on negotiating chapters 23 and 24
RCC Jumbo Security Conference stands for the largest gathering of all regional security practitioners, organizations, and networks dealing with security issues in South East Europe and the Western Balkans, in particular. It has evolved over the years from PCVE/CT platform to the all-encompassing event that brings together major partners of the RCC such are UNDP/SEESAC, MARRI, IISG, DPPI, OBCT, and RAI.
8th Security Coordination Conference is being organized by the Regional Cooperation Council (RCC) in cooperation with the Italian Ministry of the Interior and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.