Information and Research Centre for Children’s Rights in 2002
Objective(s)Exchange of information from / to NGO’s, governmental authorities, experts on children issues and children rights;
- Coordination of information between partners in order to facilitate the work of NGO’s, INGO’s and other institutions for children;
- Increase child participation in media and ensure their representation and respect by mass media in Albania;
- Strengthen the capacities of local NGO’s on management issues and children rights.
- Provide facilities and administrative assistance to childoriented NGO’s and their members
Key Activities- Daily coordination and exchange of Information.
- Preparation and distribution of Electronic Newsletter “Help the Children”;
- Preparation and distribution of Child-oriented NGO Database in Albania.
- Organisation of two training courses for child-oriented NGO representatives in Albania on organisational management (Finance,
- Accounting, Human Resources, Project-proposal writing) and the
- Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Carry out a research on children rights situation in police stations and pretrial detention centres.
- Establishment of Facilities for NGO’s and their members such as: a library, meeting room, Internet, printing and and photocopying services etc.
- Preparation and Publication of the Review “For Children and Youth Rights in Albania” (Issue 7-10)
- Coordination of the Network of Journalists for Children Rights and distribution of the e-newsletter “Children and Mass media”. Preparation and publication of Children’s Clubs Newsletter
Results/Impact- IRCCRA has been assisting NGO’s in their preparation of publications from children to children, and also child organisations activities has been included in the pages of the E-Newsletter
- IRCCRA has been assisting more than 400 NGO’s, INGO’s, UN agencies and Governmental authorities in Albania with continuous information on child rights issues, activities and events on child rights in Albania and the world, funding possibilities, new partnerships etc.
- The Library, Internet services and other services offered by IRCCRA and CRCA, has made possible to children the application of their right to information and freedom of expression