Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET), Bosnia and Herzegovina 2017-2023
Objective(s)Dual organised vocational education and training is embedded in the structures and processes of TVET actors.
Key ActivitiesSupporting the exchange between public and private structures in the further development of framework conditions for dual organised vocational education and training; supporting vocational schools, formal economy, pedagogical institutes, and ministries of education in the improvement of the exercise of their roles in the planning and implementation of dual organised vocational education and training
Results/Impact1. implemented six new or reformed pilot dual organised vocational education and training programmes at five schools (three in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and two in Republika Srpska).
2. platform for enhancement of dual organised TVET was established, with regular meetings between partner schools and companies in Bosnian Podrinje Canton Gorazde (BPK Gorazde)
3. consultancy services were provided to BPK Gorazde in relation to the development of an obligatory regulation on practical training at schools and companies which has led to a higher share of practical training at companies for students in the construction, metal, textile and plastic industries
4. introduction of allowances for students attending practical training, mentors for students, an obligatory training plan and a realiable cooperation between schools and companies
5. two parental surveys and two tracer studies conducted and published, promotional material was produced
6. peer-to-peer program “My knowledge - your future profession” was established and different exchange programs to Serbia and Germany were organized