Announcement: "Roma who made the world a better place"
- 05 Apr 2021
Belgrade – The Ceremonial Academy “Roma who made the world a better place”, will be held on Thursday, 8 April 2021, at the National Theater in Belgrade, Serbia, stage “Rasa Plaovic”.
The event is sponsored by the Regional Cooperation Council Roma Integration project, and supported by the Ministry of Culture and Information, the Ministry of Human and Minority Rights and Social Dialogue, the Commissioner for Protection of Equality, the Roma National Council, and Romag association.
During the Ceremonial Academy, the audience will be addressed by:
- Ms Maja Gojkovic , Minister of Culture and Information,
- Ms Gordana Comic, Minister of Human and Minority Rights and Social Dialogue,
- Mr Orhan Usein, Head of the Office Regional Cooperation Council Roma Integration,
- Ms Brankica Jankovic, Commissioner for Protection of Equality,
- Ms Pava Chubrilov, President of the Executive Board of the Roma National Council.
The evening will be followed by a narrative-musical performance during which the following artists will perform:
- Ms Jadranka Jovanovic, Prima Donna,
- Ms Natasa Tasic Knezevic, soloist of the opera of the Serbian National Theater,
- Mr Gavrilo Rabrenovic , opera artist of the National Theater in Belgrade,
- Mr Branko Tadic and Ethno group,
- Mr Sasa Knezevic, pianist.
Due to the current epidemiological situation, caused by the COVID-19 outbreak, the event will be closed for a wider public, but available for watching on the Roma Integration Facebook page where it will be live-streamed.