Seventh Security Coordination Conference: “Security Cooperation in the Western Balkans - Challenges and Lessons from Pandemics to War in Ukraine”
The seventh Regional (Jumbo) Security Coordination Conference is to take place on 17-18 November 2022 in Rome.
The main objective of the 7th Regional (Jumbo) Security Coordination Conference aims at addressing and mapping out the main security trends which arose (or will be in the near future) from the current regional and European uncertainties and which will shape the future of Western Balkan and EU security.
Conference will be divided into five thematic sessions:
- Session 1: Critical events management: Energy Security in the Western Balkans
- Session 2: Radicalization, violent extremism and terrorism
- Session 3: Transnational organized crime in the international crisis scenarios
- Session 4: Cooperation, achievements, and challenges in the fight against irregular migration in the Western Balkans
- Session 5: Cybercrime: Protection of critical infrastructures;
RCC Jumbo Security Conference stands for the largest gathering of all regional security practitioners, organizations, and networks dealing with security issues in South East Europe and the Western Balkans, in particular. It has evolved over the years from PCVE/CT platform to the all-encompassing event that brings together major partners of the RCC such are UNDP/SEESAC, MARRI, IISG, DPPI, OBCT, and RAI.
The conference is expected to bring together around 80-100 practitioners from the region, representatives of EU institutions and bodies, representatives of law enforcement institutions, relevant organizations, and CSOs.
7th Security Coordination Conference is being organized by the Regional Cooperation Council (RCC) in cooperation with the Italian Ministry of the Interior and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.