First Forum for South East European Women Entrepreneurs
Istanbul, Turkey, 21 - 22 September 2010
The intention of the First Forum for South East European Women Entrepreneurs, created to support women entrepreneurs who intend to expand and/or innovate their activities, is to provide a platform for exchange of experiences and good practices and promote further integration of women entrepreneurs’ networks in the region.
The event was held under the auspices of the Government of the Republic of Turkey, and organized by the Small and Medium-sized Enterprise Development Administration of Turkey (KOSGEB) and the Regional Cooperation Council (RCC) Secretariat, in cooperation with the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE). The Forum was organized as a part of the project developed by the RCC Secretariat and UNECE on promoting women entrepreneurship in South East Europe.
Participants of the event, that included national women entrepreneurs associations as well as prominent individual women entrepreneurs, discussed international experiences related to small and medium sized enterprise policy and women entrepreneurship.
Joint statement of the Forum is available HERE.
Press Release on the event is available HERE.
The views expressed in the presentations below belong solely to the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Regional Cooperation Council and its Secretariat. The RCC Secretariat is not responsible for the content of the presentation.
- Amaia Sotes Linares-Rivas, Economic Affairs Officer, Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
- Anna Danti, Policy Officer, Enterprise and Industry Directorate General of the European Commission
- Anthony Gribben, Head of Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Department, European Training Foundation
- Davide Frulla, EU Project Management and International Cooperation Unit, Ancona Chambers of Commerce, Presentation I, Presentation II
- Eleonora Negulova, Chairperson, National Association of Small and Medium Enterprises of Bulgaria
- Ewa Zimny, International Expert, Warsaw School of Economics
- Jelica Minic, Deputy Secretary General, Regional Cooperation Council
- Kaan Gür, Small and Medium Enterprises Marketing Coordinator, Garanti Bank, Turkey
- Malinka Koparanova, Senior Social Affairs Officer and Gender Focal Point, United Nation Economic Commission for Europe
- Marijana Maksimovic, Assistant Manager, Guarantee Fund of Serbia
- Michaela S. Bergman, Senior Social Adviser, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Siv Hellen, Adviser to the President and Chief Compliance Officer, Nordic Investment Bank
- Yıldız Ecevit, Professor at Middle East Technical University, Turkey