AWARD for the best achievements in cooperation in South East Europe
Nominations are closed.
The Champion of Regional Cooperation, is an annual award inaugurated by the Regional Cooperation Council (RCC) in February 2013 marking the RCC’s 5th anniversary. The Award is presented to an individual or organisation that has contributed notably to advancing regional cooperation in South East Europe, guided by European values and principles.
o In 2022, in cooperation with the Federal Ministry for European and International Affairs of the Republic of Austria (BMEIA), we changed the title to Champion of Regional Cooperation Dr Erhard Busek Award, honouring posthumously Mr Busek who was the Special Co-ordinator of the Stability Pact for South Eastern Europe, the RCC’s predecessor, a staunch supporter of the Western Balkans and avid advocate of the region’s integration into the European Union.
The RCC and the BMEIA welcome nominations for individuals or organizations from the region who fit the criteria listed below:
- They and their work are based in South East Europe;
- Their work or activities are cross-border and/or have a regional reach or outlook;
- Their work demonstrably contributes to one or more of the following:
- regional cooperation;
- regional development;
- EU integration of the region;
- promotion of the region;
- socio-economic inclusivity in the region;
- any other form of tangible and sustainable benefit to the region;
- Their work or activities reflect the fundamental values of human rights, fairness, transparency, and equal treatment.
Individuals or groups representing and/or working with/for minorities, women, youth or vulnerable groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
Individuals or organizations nominated for the award should not be affiliated to or financed by political parties or distinct political groups. They and their work should reflect an independence removed from personal, private or political interests.
Governmental or international institutions, including their employees, are not eligible.
The Evaluation Committee comprising a representative of the RCC and the BMEIA will conduct the preselection of the received applications. An independent jury will then decide the awardee based on the Evaluation Committee’s preselection. Nomination applications should include:
- The name of the individual or organisation nominated for the award;
- A description of their activities, including substantive and geographical scope (up to 300 words);
- Evidence of tangible contribution to regional cooperation.
Nomination can be submitted by the nominees themselves or on their behalf by a third party. Anyone is eligible to nominate.
Applications should be submitted through RCC website by 17 May 2023.
International consultant at Network of Associations for Local Economic Development
Competition Programme Manager at Sarajevo Film Festival (SFF)
Coordinator of the SEE 2030 Strategy/Senior Economic Policy Analyst
- Financial reward in the amount 5.000 Euro awarded at the award ceremony held back-to-back with the RCC Annual Meeting
- Increased visibility of the work and contribution of the awardee, making their efforts better noted and thus more relevant
The Nomination process is open until 17 May 2023.
The awardee must be present at the award ceremony to receive the award.
The decisions of the Evaluation Committee and the independent jury will be final and binding.
The award may not be transferred to another person or organization.
The RCC and the BMEIA reserve the right to use the name and image of the awardee for publicity and promotional purposes.