Western Balkans Youth Lab Project
The three-year EU funded (1,5 milion EUR) and RCC implemented Western Balkans Youth Lab Project that kicked-off in January 2020 aims to provide opportunities for youth to participate in decision-making. The project is covering Western Balkans Six economies (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, Serbia and North Macedonia) in which youth constitutes 21.27% of the overall population.
- Strengthening formal and informal mechanisms of youth participation
- Increased mobilization of youth in policy making
- Increased co-creation of relevant policies with youth
- Youth in the Western Balkans region
- National Administrations
- National Youth Councils
The Western Balkans Youth Lab Project strives to create a longer-term structured regional dialogue between youth organisations and national administrations focused on jointly devising policies which will increase youth participation in decision-making, to improve the overall socio-economic environment for and mobility of youth in the Western Balkans economies through different types of activities.
WB Youth Lab Project consists of four components, which are interlinked with each other:
- Mapping of Youth Policies and Identification of Existing Support and Gaps in Financing of Youth Actions in Western Balkan
- Western Balkans Youth Policy Labs
- Strengthening the National Youth Councils in the Western Balkans
- Participation of Western Balkan youth in regional and international events
WB Youth Lab Project is the result of the continuous increase of the Western Balkans governments` attention on youth issues which has also been recognized in the Sofia Priority Agenda. EU-Western Balkans summit in 2018 placed special emphasis on creating further opportunities for the youth, while ensuring that this contributes to the socio-economic development of the Western Balkans and called for the establishment of a Western Balkans Youth Lab, in order to provide space for innovative policy-making addressing the needs of young people, and to tackle brain drain issue.
Throughout the Project implementation the RCC will cooperate closely with the national administrations, National Youth Councils, umbrella youth organizations, donors, and other relevant stakeholders.